Friday 5 September 2014

a step closer

October 20th

2 months have passed since I last picked up my pen. In between that time we have had another few days area hunting around Bristol, Ben and Jenny’s lovely wedding and Julian’s 1st round of chemo.

The time in Farrington Gurney was very profitable. We spent a lot of time at the Chew Valley lakes which would be a wonderful place to live but so expensive and hardly any properties coming on the market. We spent a lovely time with Nick and Mary too who are encouraging us in our search. As well of course as seeing Steve, Lynsey and Raffie. We seem close to our move area, if we are moving, but nowhere is right.

The wedding was wonderful. Way above my expectations. Secretly I was dreading it but after such a happy day I wanted to do it all over again! The sun broke through the clouds by late afternoon but until Jenny pointed it out I hadn’t actually realised it had been missing. The day was so full of happiness we had no need of sun. A little picture of how in heaven the Lord IS the Sun. Jan asked me at the reception if anything had happened on the moving front to which I replied in the negative whilst unbeknown to me Charles was having a little talk with Steve and Lynsey about our move! The following Sunday morning found them at Combe Down for church. A week or so after I had a text from Lynsey telling me the ministry was on the Lord’s Return and how much I would love it so to take a listen on the website. This was followed the next week by another text saying how nearby Winsley looked a lovely village and she thought I would love it there. Ben and Jenny were actually close by at a wedding, also noting the beautiful countryside around Winsley! So the computer has been busy on Rightmove once again. On Thursday evening Steve rang inviting us down to see them just as Julian’s face was lighting up over a property in Winsley. Was that a call? Saturday evening I emailed through a request for 2 viewings, feeling in a strong position as this week the bungalow passed its survey and our buyer said he wants everything to move swiftly to exchange. On Saturday in bed ready to read my bible, I looked around our homely bedroom and thought how I don’t exactly want to move. After all, our children began their lives here. Then came a voice in my head saying “It was by faith that Abraham obeyed when God called him to leave home and go to another land that God would give him as his inheritance.” I had come full circle since that evening at Susie’s.

So now it is Sunday. Julian suggested a transfer to a hospital nearer Cheshunt and was met with a negative response. But how amazing that every blood test or chemo session is used so productively. I met a brick wall when trying to find a solicitor in Cheshunt but the solicitor in Ash couldn’t have been more helpful, even kneeling down on the floor at Julian’s feet to pick the papers he needed from his conveyancing folder. The timing was perfect. The forms we had to fill in came just right to be answered and posted back through the letterbox. The buyer of the bungalow ‘just happened’ to be passing when I was in the garden so I was able to chat with him. This week Julian can have his blood test and break the journey to Bristol at Ash as well as post the signed contract through the solicitor’s door. The following week we can be there for his 2nd chemo and meet up with Ben and Jenny on their return from honeymoon in Bermuda! Maybe God doesn’t want a transfer-or maybe the transfer is to Bath!

 

Click here to view next post

No comments:

Post a Comment