Friday 5 September 2014

the beginning of the journey

7th August 2013

My journey began at Susie’s.

I guess that isn’t entirely correct at all because we are all on a journey which begins when we are born. So maybe it is far truer to say that this particular chapter of my journey began at Susie’s.

There again the reader needs to know something of previous chapters to understand this one. So the plain fact is that my husband was diagnosed with lymphoma leukaemia roughly 2 years ago, was in remission but the doctor recently told him it has re-presented. So I ended up at Susie’s for the evening.

She showed me the ‘reading for the day’ and went upstairs to settle Kristina. I read it and re-read it, and one word stood out clear and plain. ‘Faith’. That was God’s message to me that night. Susie and I read the ‘reading for today’ and the bible verses which went with it. And we read the reading for the next day as well. Then at home in bed that night I read the whole bible chapter. Hebrews 11. Those great heroes of faith. Could I actually be like one of them? Weren’t they after all only relatively ordinary people? But they all had that one essential ingredient that made them great. Faith. My new chapter had definitely begun.

“It was by faith that Abraham obeyed when God called him to leave home and go to another land that God would give him as his inheritance. He went without knowing where he was going. And even when he reached the land God promised him he lived there by faith.”

He went without knowing where he was going. That just about sums up how I feel right now. Except that I could still substitute ‘where’ with ‘’if’. I feel like I’m on a journey and don’t know where I’m going or even if I’m going. But let me back-track. Because events have happened very, very quickly since that evening I found myself at Susie’s.

Click here to view next post

No comments:

Post a Comment