Friday 5 September 2014

support in direction

12th August

When I put my pen away yesterday I did not know if I would ever pick it up again. I have had no call from God as to where to go or if to go but there is another link forged in the chain. Yesterday Julian felt led to text Charles and invite him to pop in on the way back from visiting his Mum. Charles replied that he’d love to and he’d be along shortly. As it turned out he’d been too tired to visit his Mum but he’d made the time to visit us! And his opening question launched straight into a 2 hour discussion on where we might be heading! The Lord had obviously prepared his heart too, even though he knew nothing of our possible journey! He gave us pastoral advice in the way only Charles can. He gave us his 4 sweet peas….1) prayer (yes, we continue to do that), 2) principles, (to use bible principles in considering our move such as young Timothy being nurtured by his grandmother Lois), 3) people. (We need to talk to people and glean encouragement and advice and opinions from them) and 4) pushing doors. (Actively searching.) He prayed with us concerning our possible move. I felt that God wasn’t so much in front of us as behind us. Charles, our wonderful minister who has shown us so much care and encouragement over the past 6 ½ years, prayed for our journey in our own front room. That was powerful. It felt like he was giving us his blessing on a move and was interceding on our behalf and searching for the way forward. He left me with a couple of verses. “But I am trusting You, O Lord, saying “You are my God”. My future is in Your hands”; and “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His Will in all you do, and He will direct your paths.” This morning we received a text from Sue, our neighbour at the bungalow, asking if she could show her friend around the property! I don’t know if anything will come of it but at least we have a viewer! This morning we were also given a valuation on our house here. Today I just happened to read an old card……..”Please come and see us in Bristol soon. All my love, Lyns.” Today Steve phoned and said “come to Bristol.” But where? When?

Click here to view next post

No comments:

Post a Comment